C.Fortunato
C.Fortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted NYS Bar, member ABA, NYSBA, NYCBA, QCBA, Licensed Real Estate Broker
14232603

Should I be signing a Superior Court Of Washington County Of

Should I be signing a Superior Court Of Washington County Of King / Acceptance Of Service form from my wife before I see any documentation pertaining what it is about?
I do know we are headed for divorce but by me signing this, is it holding me liable for anything?
Either aggreeing to any services, costs or agreeing with anything on the forms.

cfortunato :

Hi JACustomer,

cfortunato :

Signing an Acceptance of Service form only means that you admit that you did receive the papers being served. It also means the plaintiff avoids the cost of hiring a process server.

Customer:

So I am not accepting of any services or costs from that Attorney at Law or aggreeing with any information on the forms?

cfortunato :

As the defendant (you) can be held liable for paying this cost if the Acceptance of Service is not signed, there is nothing to be gained by not signing the form.

cfortunato :

That is correct.

cfortunato :

You are not admitting or agreeing to anything by signing that form.

Customer:

Ok, perfect.

Customer:

Thanks so much for your help.

cfortunato :

Youre welcome!