Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

in a home insurance when they write CONTENTS is it personal

belongings ONLY/...
in a home insurance when they write CONTENTS is it personal belongings ONLY/
1/2/2013
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Are you talking about personal possession vs. items used to run a business? Is the business incorporated or an LLC?

i AM REFERING (BY THE WAY THIS IS A HOME OWNER'S INSURANCE ) TO WHETHER THIS CONTANTS REFERS ONLY TO PERSONAL PROPERTY.oR THAT MAY INCLUDE LIKE KITCHEN GABINETS .

Thank you for clarifying.
A contents policy is going to specifically apply to personal possession - clothes, furniture, books, computers, and things like that. Anything that is movable will be considered part of the contents. Anything that is permanently affixed to the structure of the home is legally considered a "fixture." It usually would not be covered as part of the contents, but should be covered as part of the policy that insures the structure of the property. You may want to read your exclusions page to be sure, but fixtures should be covered.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Lucy, Esq., Attorney