How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employer will not pay me. I asked to be paid several times

This answer was rated:

My employer will not pay me. I asked to be paid several times and then refused to return to work until I was paid the amount in arrears. The amount is $5,200.00. Now I have no job and no money. He also breached our employment agreement.. What can I do.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*


Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

The Texas Work Force Commission has the authority to collect your unpaid wages. An investigator will be appointed after you file the claim and will assist in recovering your unpaid wages. Here is the link to file a claim:

In addition, if your employer has also failed to withhold and pay your employment taxes,you may file a complaint with the IRS. An employer who fails to withhold and pay employment taxes may be subject to criminal and civil sanctions

Finally, you may file suit against your employer to recover any damages that you sustained as a result of his breach of contract
Ellen and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you