How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I accidently lost the website and question I proposed to

Customer Question

I accidently lost the website and question I proposed to Tina. I will start again. I will need to meet with you to discuss this case as it is too complicated to discuss over the internet, I am available on Jan 3, 2013 after 1:30 PM. This case was an age discrination suit. The case was XXXXXXXXXXXXXX . This case was filed in 1987 and there was a SUMMARY JUDGEMENT against myself, XXXXXXXXXXX in the same year. I was told that President Obama passed a law in 2012 that would allow age discrimination suits to reopened. If there is any possibility that I could speak to you by phone (XXX) XXX-XXXX, XXXXXX and my e-mail is***@******.***. Thank you, ***** *****

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome. Thank you for requesting me.

I'm sorry, but the site prohibits us from communicating outside of this forum based on the TOS we both agreed to. Your question is whether there is a law that would permit you to reopen a case in which you lost, appealed, and then lost on appeal as well? Are you still suffering the discrimination alleged in the complaint?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am now on Social Security but I suffered greatly when this happened. I just need to know if there is a possibility of reopening my case. I understand that President Obama passed a law allowing for age discrimination cases to be reopened. Is there such a law, that is what I need to know. Thank You, ***** *****

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.

Hello again, William.

Unfortunately, the time to pursue your claim would have lapsed long ago I'm afraid to say. While there have been new laws passed with regard to pay equity, there has not been a new law enacted that would permit a party to pursue a long since closed age discrimination case.

Only if there were new allegations of discrimination over the past 300 days would one typically have grounds to pursue such a claim through the EEOC and ultimately federal court if necessary.

I am very sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the decision of the appellate court would be final at this point and there would typically be no means to pursue further legal action on that claim.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you.

It has been my pleasure to assist you. Kindly remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested. If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain your concern to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to you or not, so please don’t shoot the messenger. Thank you and all the best to you in 2013.


Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have: