How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello, I like to know if a woman that have been with the father

This answer was rated:

hello, I like to know if a woman that have been with the father of her two children for twenty years and there relationship is not good for the children, but she is not marry, and not appear in any ligal document, what right does she have?

What right in regard to what exactly, please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please I like to know if you can help me, at lease to clerify this isure



If you have never been married and your name is XXXXX XXXXX any of the assets, you have no automatic right to anything as if you were married for 20 years

I suggest you would need to file a civil lawsuit and bring the matter to the attention of the court if you can show that you contributed to the assets, or if you can show that you were in agreement you would be a stay at home Mother and that you have been for the past 20 years. If may be possible that you could get some of what has been acquired during that relationship

If you have other questions in this regard, please post them here. Otherwise, please rate my answer "good to excellent" so that I may get credit for my time and information. Thank you

Sam and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so if I need to move and would like to get some of the furniture and things from the house would I be in trouble??


What I need to do in order to start new and fresh?




I suggest you can take some of the furniture with you if it is what you brought into the relationship with you.

If you take anything else out of the house without a written agreement from your spouse or an Order of the court then you could have trouble, yes