Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

PaulMJD- Thanks for your answer! Let me tell you I have gone

Customer Question

PaulMJD- Thanks for your answer! Let me tell you I have gone over the max amount a few times by $50-$ 125,for the month,but have gone under many more times by hundreds of dollar (per month) My total for the years has always averaged out less than my maximum amount per year. Will this be relevant? Thanks for the names of attorneys. HIV is still a legitimate reason for disability isn't it?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
The problem is that if you are receiving SSDI, you are saying you are not able to work at all. HIV is not necessarily grounds for considering someone disabled and 100% unable to work, you have to prove the HIV made you incapable of working. The fact is that if they prove you are able to actually do any type of actual work, they can declare you ineligible for benefits under SSDI, unlike under SS retirement. So you are going to have to fight this proving that you really cannot work and you kept going back to try to do some work but are unable to do so on a regular basis.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”