How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

are NY state police able to go on a trouble call into a co-op

Customer Question

are NY state police able to go on a trouble call into a co-op mobile home community and if not - why not?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*


Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

Yes the New York State police can enter privately owned land – including a co-op mobile home community – to respond to a trouble call.

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

but are the mandated to fine or arrest if we have proof of wrong doing?


Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.

The police are not "mandated" to fine or arrest anyone without a warrant.


Can you explain the situation in more detail as it is very difficult to answer a theoretical question.