Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

my son stole $11180.00 from my bank.how can I get it back.

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2013
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 5 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Was this from a joint bank account? If not, how did he access the account? Did he forge your signature?

I was in the hospital .He filled out banks slips he signed them I have copies.

Thank you Pearlie, was this a joint account or did he forge your signature to withdraw money from the account?

because the bank said I needed someone on my account because I am so

sick.he was only on there in case I needed money and couldn"t get to the bank.he was told it was my money not for him to touch without my permission.I can explain more in person.he was told not to touch.It was my bank account.

Thank you Pearlie, are you opposed to suing your son? I ask because this would not be construed as a criminal matter because he was on the account, therefore he technically did not commit a criminal act as he was authorized to access the account without the necessity of forging your signature.

why can't anyone understands Iswear I didn't give him permission to touch my money I stand to loose every thing because he is so sneaky how he got his name into my account..He went thru all my papers while I was in the hospital and took half my papers like my bank stuff and my car.

Pearlie, it is not that I do not understand you, I absolutely do and completely sympathize with your situation. You asked "how can I get it back" and I want to answer this question by giving you an honest and realistic answer. I do not however want to mislead you by saying that you can simply go to the bank and they will reimburse you, or you can call the police and they will arrest him. If you would like to continue, I would love to help you, but cannot mislead you by telling you what you may want to hear or telling you that you can easily make him return your money.

I have bank statemrents I don't know how he did it I stankto be broke and loose my apartment because of what he did..my god I did not give him permission to take my money I don't havve anything.I don' know what I am gonna do..This is not right,how canthe law let him take my money like that.

It was from the sale of my house.God help me. please help me its wrong pleasehelp me.

Pearlie, because he was on the account, all he needed to do was go to the bank and submit a withdrawal request along with his driver's license. Again, because he was on the account, he was able to withdraw money from the account, I understand the agreement you and he had was that he would only withdraw the money at your request when you were not able to do so because of your health. Did the bank know of this arrangement, or did the bank only know that he was on the account as an authorized user?

thank you for your help and time I know what I'm gonna do I won't be needing your helphe illegal put his name on my account.I will get my money or else.thank you for your helpI am distroyedand broke can't afford to get my medcine thank you for your time and help.I am gonna do what I should have done,thank you.

thank you Pearlie, I wish you the best in this situation and really hope it works out, it is a terrible thing when a child steals from a parent. Please let me know if you need any additional guidance or have any follow up questions, and please remember to positively rate my answers.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need additional guidance. I want to help as much as I can.
MShore
MShore
MShore, Attorney