How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118775
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello! I have apparently become a victim of fraud and money

Customer Question

I have apparently become a victim of fraud and money on their shares.
In short it is about being in May this year received from a gentleman who introduced himself as a broker company and offered me a trade with shares traded on U.S. exchanges, after a few days I decided to purchase shares Inte (INTC) in the amount of 5000 USD and I signed a contract with Beta trading Broker, after a few days I again received a call from a broker who offered to make me a second broker who works in their sister store, called Beacon trade ( and after a few days I contacted a broker named:
Stephen Aiello
V.P of International Trading
(CDR) -1308182
on his advice I sold stocks and bought shares of INTC ARNA by quite a low price with a new payment of 13400 USD, quickly contacted me again and then offered me a new transaction in which I had no choice in fact it was the fact that they have sold all the shares in pack some fund in exchange for new shares SHAW group and I have to make another payment and can then take their profits, which was very high, that I immediately suspected that something was wrong but I am again with their inducements and the market situation regarding those stocks believed that after my payment still be okay, because I still had to deal with them every proper certificates concluded.
Then again, I had to buy a warrant for shares of Shaw in the amount of 5000 USD so I could sell them and I finally did it and the only tribal be conducted transactions on my account in the amount of 100004 USD and the rest would have stayed for a new trade, but emerged the problem about which they know me by e-mail, I will copy their last message to you is clear:
( Dear Mr. Slavica,

I arranged a transfer of funds to your account but it was stopped by the outside controller who I have since spoken to. There is an identity issue regarding your name. There is a person with the exact same details in the U.S. that owes thousands of dollars in taxes, they believe it is you. Therefore they have frozen the funds in your account. Now I have only seen this situation a handful of times but identity fraud or theft is becoming more common these days.
What needs to happen is a surety bond needs to be put in place on the account. The Surety Bond is $10,000.00 USD and it is required to be in place in the account from where your funds are going to be remitted. You will need to send in this surety bond before I can get your funds to leave the account. Once this has been cleared up and your funds have been sent to you the surety bond is processed and returned to you directly. Usually within 30 days. Please understand that this is not your fault or our fault. This is simply unfortunate.
Please expect a call later today.
Mark Seliger
Chief Financial Officer
Beacon Trade
Century Tower, Floor 8,
2-2-9 Hongo, Tokyo-Ku,
Tokyo, Japan
Phone: +813 4578 0192
Fax: +813 4333 0301 )

I think I have become a victim of financial fraud and identity theft. I normally live in Europe countries Croatia and I've never been to the U.S. and I have no experience with stocks.
Now, no one from the brokerage house will not get back to me on the phone with the excuse that they are busy and will call me the other day, but it takes months to days. Otherwise, their websites are active and you can get them on the phone but the problem is that my money does not, and what I no longer have any impact on their shares if they exist at all.
Please help where to go and how to solve this case with regard to the fact that these companies from China and Japan, and operate on U.S. exchanges, the bank that I have to send the money in Hong Kong and I live in Croatia.
Please help and I think these are a lot of victims around the world, thank you for understanding!
Thank you in advance and best regards!

Toni Slavica [email protected] [email protected]
cell +385992900001
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
This is a financial fraud, but not an identity theft. If there was an IRS lien, they do not require any bond to be put up to get your money, the IRS simply takes whatever money they find for the delinquent taxes. If you put the money for the bond in the account the fraudulent brokers would have taken that too.

Both of these websites are phony sites with hidden ownership. You need to contact your local authorities and also you need to notify the Hong Kong Police, since that is where this individual is claiming to be located and you need to file a complaint against them. Most importantly, SEND THEM NO MORE MONEY.

Once you file your complaints, to try to recover your money, you will have to get an attorney in Hong Kong to sue this individual and the company and seek to make them repay you.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”