How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was at a rent stablelization board, hearing today with a

This answer was rated:

I was at a rent stablelization board, hearing today with a landlord that provided no heat for my apartment for three years and the mediator judge gave me a three year rebate for no heat the landlord has to pay me, how do I get my money from her, do I need to request or reminder her in writing, and if so, how long would it take for me to get my money (rebate) for no heat from her. Elaine
Did the judge issue a written order?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think so, she asked the landlord a few questions, such as did she have a heating unit in the apartment, and the landlord told the judge, no that she surposily gave me a portable heater when I moved in, I told the judge that was not true, the judge said she was going to grant me $150 dollars of my rent, and that it will start from the time I moved in, starting from the month in 2009 that I moved into her apartment.I was in shock, so I can not remmember to repeat all that was said other than the portable heater situation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
she also wrote something as she was talking to the landlord, I do remmber her saying she was order that the land lord also has to install a heating system, and she had so many days to notify the building inspector, and so forth,Elaine
OK. You need to go to your landlord and talk to them about how they want to pay and see when they want to install a heater. If they say that they are not going to pay you or follow the judge's order, then you need to tell them that you are going to file a Motion for Contempt against them. If they still refuse to comply with the judge's order, then you have to go back to the court and ask for a contempt order from the judge, or a "writ of execution" that allows you to go cease the landlord's property to satisfy the judgment.
TexLaw and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you