How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just sent by problem and hit the wrong key

This answer was rated:

Just sent by problem and hit the wrong key

What is your specific question? I'd be happy to help you if I can.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What else can I do to get this business owner to send me my refund check after waiting now over 3 months, The business owner sent me a personal check for over $1,000.00 which bounced. I sent him a certified letter to his home address, a regular letter to his business address, contacted the better business bureau, and made many phone calls. He is avoiding me, what else can I do?


Louise Babicii

Hi Ms. Babicci,

The next step is filing a lawsuit to collect.

How much does the he owe you?

Does he live in the same town as you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He owes me a total of $1,379.00. He lives in Pennsylvania, and his business is in Pennsylvania.

Since he owes you under $10,000.00, the best thing for you to do would be to file a small claims lawsuit against him. However, you will have to file it in PA, in the city where he lives. The filing fees are usually around $150 or less and you can file the lawsuit by mail. That means you only have to go to court on the day of your hearing and tell the judge your story to get a judgment.

Once you get a judgment, if he doesn't pay, you can seize his property through the sheriff.

Let me know if you are interest in knowing more about this option. If so, tell me the exact address of the business owner and I will get the small claims court information for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I want to have all the options I can get, I will not let him get away with this, and I will never give up getting my money back. I would appreciate if you the the small claims court information for me.

His Business address is:

Italian Brothers

16 West 5th St

Chester, Pa 19013


His home address is:



Brookhaven, Pa 19015

You will need to contact the Pennsylvania Secretary of State to see if this is an incorporated business. The phone number is:

If it is incorporated, then you need to sue the corporation at address on file with the secretary of state (the "registered address").

If it is not incorporated, then you sue him personally at the Brookhaven address.

You file the following forms by filling them out and sending them to

You will need to have a money order for $67.50 for the filing fees

Then you need to call the court at(NNN) NNN-NNNNto request further instructions on what the precise procedure is for filing through the mail.

After that, the court will issue a trial date which you will have to attend to win the case.

Good Luck,

TexLaw and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you