How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alexia Esq. Your Own Question
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13546
Experience:  19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alexia Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have medical care at the V.A. should I pay the part B and

This answer was rated:

I have medical care at the V.A. should I pay the part B and supplement Ins. untel I can makeup the quarters. Thank you E. Freeman
Hi, thanks for your inquiry and requesting me.

If what you have with the VA is creditable coverage, and you may want to get written confirmation of that, then getting additional coverage is an option that you can decide to do or not do. It you find you need more than what you have and can spend the money, by all means. But I think the biggest issue is that creditable coverage.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Why do I need written confirmation? Creditable coverage ? I have been a patient for years.

That doesn't matter. If you do not have creditable health insurance coverage after 65, and do not take Medicare at that time, when you later want Medicare coverage, you will not pay the standard rate for your premiums, but 10%, 20%, or more, depending how long after 65 you go without coverage before starting on Medicare.
When I get back to the office, I will try to link you to an article explaining that. Would you like me to that?
Alexia Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you