Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
68197583

Mother is in assisted living home and being given anti-deprssive

Mother is in assisted living home and being given anti-deprssive drugs without her knowledge under temporary guardianship of Public Administrator. She hass given me durable power of attorney for health. What can I do?
Hello and thank you for your question. Just to clarify so I can better assist you, did the judge appoint the Public Administrator Guardian after you already had a power of attorney?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. Mother has senile dementia, so needs a guardian. Another attorney had filed petition for emergency 30 day gu ardianship, which as granted

Does the court know that you have the health care power of attorney? You can attend the hearing and inform the judge of the fact that you hold the power of attorney.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do I need a lawyer. Do I neced to file a pertiton in advance?

If you would like to petition the court to be appointed as her guardian you should certainly do so. After all this is your mother.

Where in Missouri is your mother residing so I can give you information on the documents needed to be filed and the procedures? It is always advisable to hire an attorney in these types of matters to represent you, however, it is not required.
Thank you.