How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2 Your Own Question
Attorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7067
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mother is in assisted living home and being given anti-deprssive

This answer was rated:

Mother is in assisted living home and being given anti-deprssive drugs without her knowledge under temporary guardianship of Public Administrator. She hass given me durable power of attorney for health. What can I do?
Hello and thank you for your question. Just to clarify so I can better assist you, did the judge appoint the Public Administrator Guardian after you already had a power of attorney?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. Mother has senile dementia, so needs a guardian. Another attorney had filed petition for emergency 30 day gu ardianship, which as granted

Does the court know that you have the health care power of attorney? You can attend the hearing and inform the judge of the fact that you hold the power of attorney.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do I need a lawyer. Do I neced to file a pertiton in advance?

If you would like to petition the court to be appointed as her guardian you should certainly do so. After all this is your mother.

Where in Missouri is your mother residing so I can give you information on the documents needed to be filed and the procedures? It is always advisable to hire an attorney in these types of matters to represent you, however, it is not required.
Attorney2 and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you.