How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56863
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, We are a private lender here in the usa. Our proposed client

This answer was rated:

Hi, We are a private lender here in the usa. Our proposed client who would like a loan of 20 million is in Thailand. He is insisting on us transferring the money by way of a form called MT#760. He says this is the law. In the past we have never used this form to transfer a loan internationally. Please tell me who is right. Must we use this form to transfer 20 million usd into Thailand? Or can we issue it legally straight into his bank account without the form? I await your reply.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. I would concur with your lawyers and suggest not agreeing to the form. It adds expense. It provides no additional protection. As lender you have the power and typically set the terms of transfer you are comfortable with. If you have proper means of transfer, have conducted your due diligence, and have adequate collateral in event of default, those are the key factors in taking on the transaction.
INFOLAWYER and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you