BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
13790199

is a court summons to appear for loud music valid if it is

is a court summons to appear for loud music valid if it is sent through the US mail in Jefferson County Missouri?

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. In order to better assist you, I need to ask you a few quick questions. What type of court is the action in? Do you have the name of the court?

Customer:

hello, it is Municipal Court summons Jefferson county sheriffs office

BizAttorney :

54.13. Sets forth how service is effectuated:
(b) How and on Whom Made. Personal service within the state shall be made as follows:
(1) On Individual. Upon an individual, including an infant or incompetent person not having a legally appointed guardian, by delivering a copy of the summons and petition personally to the individual or by leaving a copy of the summons and petition at the individual's dwelling house or usual place of abode with some person of the individual's family over the age of fifteen years, or by delivering a copy of the summons and petition to an agent authorized by appointment or required by law to receive service of process.

BizAttorney :

So the mail would not be sufficient. However, let me check the local muni rules to see if there is an exception.

BizAttorney :

Unless they are serving you via publication, mail service isn't enough to be considered service.

Customer:

ok, thank you

BizAttorney :

You are welcome. Good luck and have a great night. Please accept so that I can continue to help others.

Customer:

I don't have an accept button. I have a rate your expert button. Is that the same thing?

BizAttorney :

Yes, that is it. Thank you!