Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Attorney XXXXX XXXXX put his address on my credit report so

Attorney XXXXX XXXXX put his address on my credit report so I could not get the other 2 reports because when I put my previous address in it declined me access. Can you even believe this!!
No, it is improper for the attorney to do this and it is grounds for you to file a complaint with the state bar office of disciplinary counsel. It is also grounds for you to sue him for interfering with your credit report under the Fair Credit Reporting act and seek any damages you have suffered from him doing so, including attorney's fees if the credit bureaus refuse to make the changes. You need to start, aside from filing a written complaint to the state bar, by sending a letter to each of the credit bureaus with proof of your identity and telling them that under the Fair Credit Reporting Act you are demanding they correct an incorrect report of your address. If they fail to do so within 45 days you can file your suit against the party who caused the incorrect report for damages.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”