How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2 Your Own Question
Attorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7062
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Back in 2002 I was strong armed by a parent into checking my

This answer was rated:

Back in 2002 I was strong armed by a parent into checking my self into a mental health facility in Texas and now I am suspicious as to wether I signed a power of attorney at the time. what kind of an attorney should I contact to help me resolve this problem?
Hello and thank you for your question.

You certainly have a right to whatever has been provided to medical staff that may be part of your file. Powers of Attorney can be revoked it you can find out the type that was used.

Were you looking for an attorney to revoke the power of attorney of to help you with obtaining your medical file?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

To revoke the power of attorney

This is something that you can do yourself if you would like to do so. Here are some links for the forms;

Of course if you prefer you can have an attorney prepare the document for you. The site will not allow us to refer a specific attorney, however, I can provide you with information regarding attorneys in your area that handle these types of matters.

Which City and county do you reside in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

City: Arlington
County : Tarrant

This is the link for the Tarrant County Bar Association lawyer referral

This is a link for the Arlington Bar Association.

You would want an Estate Attorney to handle this for you.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me regarding this matter. It would be my pleasure to further assist you. I hope that I provided you with helpful information. Thank you for your question.
Attorney2 and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

your welcome.