Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I filed long term insurance and was denied. I filed an appeal

Customer Question
on october 8. The informed...
I filed long term insurance and was denied. I filed an appeal on october 8. The informed me that they would make a decision in 45 days. I just received a letter and was informed that they may take an additional 45 days for the case to be reviewed by an independent physician. What can I do now...time to get a lawyer??
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Legal
11/11/2012
Lawyer: TexLaw, Attorney replied 5 years ago
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney

Is the appeal with the insurance company internally, or is it before a state administrative board?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

-ZDN
I am not sure. I bought the insurance thru a private sector employer. The employer employees 250,000 employees
Thank you for your response. Based on what you are telling me, I'm assuming that the appellate procedure is being handled internally by the insurance company.

I would wait to get an attorney until after you hear back from the appeal. If they deny your appeal and turn down your claim, then you should get an attorney to sue the insurance company for wrongful denial of benefits.

I hope this helps.

-ZDN
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
TexLaw
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney