How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is about business law (Penn) and too involved for

This answer was rated:

My question is about business law (Penn) and too involved for this format. My own attorney charges $35 to read an e-mail and $35 to answer. Can you steer me to a low cost alternative where I can speak with an attorney via telephone?

Mike from Little Rock

Thank you for your question. Lost cost alternatives in business law is often very difficult to find. While there is legal aid services out there, such as,,

they might not be able to render any services to you if your issue is strictly concerned with business. Sometimes, they do have attorneys who will be able to help you at a reduced rate. However, it is a crapshoot.

We cannot refer you to a specific attorney because of the website rules.

Another avenue that people often find helpful is contacting career offices of the law schools in your area to see if there are any newly graduated attorneys who might be interested in helping you for a reduced rate.

Finally, because there are many attorneys in the legal market looking for work, you could place an advertisement on Craigslist where you can simply describe the work you are needing and state a rate you are willing to pay. I can almost guarantee someone will send you their resume and try to work with you.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Best Regards,
TexLaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In short I agreed to go to a church and perform a play. They booked a year in advance and they booked Halloween weak, I could have booked that week 6 times. When I arrived they informed me they were canceling because several actors backed out. I wnmt to go to small claims court and try to get the agreed amount ($3500) plus travel. Do I have a shot?

What state are you in and where is the church located?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm based in little rock, they are PA 2 hours ne of Pittsburgh. (BTW I offered to bring in actors for the ones that backed out.)

Because the work was going to be performed in PA and the Church is in PA, you would have to file it in the PA small claims court. You can't file it in Arkansas.

However, you do have a case and could recover assuming you did file the lawsuit.