How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daugther was driving my car and she was not cover, she was

This answer was rated:

my daugther was driving my car and she was not cover, she was driving at freeway when the tire splote, and she she turn 3 times , and another car hit her and she flit 2 times on the air
I'm not sure what your question is - can you restate your question? Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what can i do if my dauther was driving my car and she is not isure, and she was driving on the free way and she got flat, she spin and another car hit her while she was spining , and flip her tiws


OK, she's not a named insured on the policy - correct?


Did you make a claim on your policy and your auto insurance carrier will turn down their/your claim?

Does she have her own auto insurance policy?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she doesnt have car insurences, and i did repor the accident to my insurense what happen next.

Does she also live in your house?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no , she lives on merced, were she studys, and lives, but her mail still gose to my hause

OK, in California for a person to be insured - they either have to be a named insured on the vehicles insurance policy OR have their own auto insurance policy.

Since she has neither - your insurance company is going to deny coverage for the accident.

She is going to have to turn in her medical expenses on her health insurance.

As to the damages in the accident - she will be personally liable for such.

California requires that every driver have a minimum level of California Auto insurance. The requirements are called 15/30/5. This means that the insurance carrier can pay $15,000 if there is one injury, $30,000 if there are 2 or more and $5,000 in property damage to the other car. Remember that liability only insurance covers damage done to someone else and doesn’t replace your own vehicle.


If you do not have liability insurance, the California Department of Motor Vehicles will suspend your license for up to 1 year. If you do not pay the damages you’re responsible for, they could suspend the license until you do. If you do not have liability insurance, you are personally responsible for all damage done.


If someone in your household has their own vehicle and auto insurance, you don’t have to put them on your insurance if they drive your auto occasionally. But if they cause an accident in your vehicle, their own insurance will have to pay the damages.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Please don't forget to rate my answer 3 or higher so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
Law Pro and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you