How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer for disputing lot rent where i own a trailer.

This answer was rated:

I need a lawyer for disputing lot rent where i own a trailer. Have been sick and got behind. Now i have a letter that gives me till November 2 to move as they want possesion of my home.
How far behind in the rent are you?

How soon could you get current?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

3months plus 100dollars for july.also late fees. the lot rent is 602.82 a month. i can get current because they wont take payments need all money owed at once

What notices has the landlord sent you?

What would you be disputing - that outstanding rent isn't calculated correctly, or that the landlord breached the lease agreement or what?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Put a letter on trailer stating they where starting eviction. Then i disputed amount owed. There lawyer resonded with statment from landlord that i havent paid since june ,so I sent another letter to circuit court requesting a hearing. Ther lawyer sent me a letter stating that I was in default for not depositing money into court 1 a default is entered against me. 2 plaintiff shall recover from defendant possession of moble home. 3 plaintiff shall be entittled to possession directed to the sheriff of lake county directing to evit me from aforedescribed property and to place plaintiff in possession. possession issuied 10 days from judgement. signed and dated oct 23. I recieved notice on Monday 29. A dispute hearing was never given.

So there is already a default judgment against you - correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes can they do me like that without hearing. They wont take payments. Do i have to be out by saturday the 3rd

I'm very sorry. But once they have given you notice of default and eviction - you must place the undisputed rent into escrow with the court registry OR the landlord can continue with the eviction.

Your being able to stay if you dispute the landlord's claim of unpaid rent is to that you must pay the undisputed rent to the court registry.

At this time, since that wasn't done and they took a default against you, the landlord is able to proceed with the eviction as scheduled.

So you have to be out by the stated date or they can send the sheriff to forcibly evict you.

Your only option at this point would be to file for emergency injunctive relief with the court presenting evidence of the landlord's breach of the lease and placing all the outstanding rent with the court registry.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Please don't forget to rate my answer 3 or higher so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is ther help for me when i was off work and dont have money they say i owe to put in registry

That's just it - the landlord doesn't have to wait for their money owed for rent - they are legally entitled to go after the unpaid rent or evict the tenant regardless if the tenant was off work or not.

I realize that this answer isn't to your liking, and I's sorry for having to inform you of such.

Please don't forget to rate my answer 3 or higher so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
Law Pro and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you