How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Drunk in Public. Probation Violation

Customer Question

I got arrested for Drunk in Public and am currently on probation for a DUI in California (probation ending 02/2012 - total of 3 years). I am scheduled to see judge tomorrow and need to know what to say/do to prevent a violation of probation. I was immaturely spitting over cars as they were driving by and I hit a firetruck. They stopped, i didn't flee and they called cops to arrest me. I was never breathalyzed. 


Can I just pay this fine or would it admit guilt and how would probation office know of the misdemeanor.  What are my options?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  rvlaw replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome,

I would plead not guilty since they never took a breathalyzer. Get an attorney or legal aid to get a copy of the police report. There may be insufficient evidence to prosecute the case and maybe it can be dismissed.

Wait until the result that occurs, then come back to me with the results and we'll discuss further. Start a follow up question THIS IS FOR RVLAW.

To find an attorney, go to This is a nationwide directory we lawyers use ourselves to find highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. These lawyers are NOT in Martindale because they paid to be included. They are there because they are rated as QUALIFIED by other lawyers in their field of expertise and geographic area as it applies to your kind of case. The process is this: other lawyers are asked to fill out questionnaires giving their opinion of the quality of the work of the law firm that ultimately appears in Martindale.

The site is organized geographically and by legal specialty. Consult with two or three and select the one you are most comfortable with. The Martindale listing will have the names of current or past clients. Contact those clients as references for the firm.

Please refer to the JUST ANSWER disclaimer and rule on this site. You have to consult with an attorney in your state and discuss this matter with him or her. THE REASON is that we do not have an attorney-client relationship and the confidentiality that goes with it on this site. Our exchange is available for all to see. Note that this rule is applicable even though I am a New York attorney and your question may relate to NY law.

Please ACCEPT MY ANSWER so that I may get credit for assisting you.

Then press 3, 4 or 5 to rate it.

Please do NOT press 1 or 2 since that will result in a negative rating for me which
you may not have intended If you want further information or clarification, just ask before you accept my answer and give a rating.