How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

now, I got letter from the lawyer od the lady who had accident

This answer was rated:

now, I got letter from the lawyer od the lady who had accident to provide all about insurance information. the letter for my husband who deceased 3 years ago. I didn't have posession of the truck since 3 years ago since my husband passed away, the one who drove (and had accident) that truck was girl friend of the son of my husband. should I answer the letter by calling that lawyer?

Before I answer your question I have a few questions of my own.

1st - What state are you in?

2nd - How long ago was the accident?

3rd - Is your husband's estate settled?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


2. accident on oct 15,2012

3.yes, my husband had will, he gave everything to me as his wife when he passed away

Thank you for your response. Just to make sure that I'm clear: You are saying that your husband owned a truck prior to his passing that was involved in an automobile accident a few weeks ago.

You are also saying that you have not owned the truck for three years?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes. my husband owned the truck and since he passed away 3 years ago, I never have posession of that truck but his son was. and few weeks ago, his girl friend had acciden and now I have letter for my husband from the laywer to provide all insurance information, I knew that his aunt have the insurance for that truck. I have no idea anything about the truck. and today, the son change the tittle name from my husband to his, me and the son went to DMV to take care of that tittle this morning

Thank you for your response. As that is the case, I recommend contacting the attorney for the injured lady and providing him with that information. The attorney is interested in recouping money for his client and should only target the person who is insured and owns the truck.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

but when the accident happen, my husband is on the tittle even I never touch that truck, do I need my laywer to answer that or just me answer that letter? am I safe?

At this point, since you have not been sued, you are safe in just talking to the attorney. The attorney will not have an interest in suing you if you don't carry insurance on the truck and do not own the truck any more. You should try to resolve the matter with a simple phone call rather than hiring an attorney at this point.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you very much..


You are welcome. Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide to you.

TexLaw and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you