How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tractor trailer that was impounded by the border patrol

This answer was rated:

I have a tractor trailer that was impounded by the border patrol due to my driver being caught with illegal aliens. What can I do to get my truck back?
You need to contact the arresting agency and ask if the truck will be used as evidence. If so, the department of Justice can legally hold the truck until the case has been presented and concluded. If it is not being held as evidence, it will be released to you. But the government can, and often does make you pay for towing and storage fees.
dylatess and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you