Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I got my temporary licence after a night of singing at a karaoke bar on 8/23. the officers

Customer Question
pulled me over for apparently...
I got my temporary licence after a night of singing at a karaoke bar on 8/23. the officers pulled me over for apparently going 50 in a 40 zone. they administered the physical test to which i did pretty well on yet they still brought me in to their station at the Cal State Fullerton campus. There, they gave me the Breathalyzer (which I agreed to) and while i didn't see a print out, they said my level was .09

after that they took my picture licence away and gave me the temporary paper. on it say the court date is 10/10. will i be able to at least get my picture id back before then?

I'm currently unemployed and looking for work. Living off unemployment while also applying to go back to school.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2012
Lawyer: Hammer O'Justice, Attorney replied 5 years ago
Hammer O'Justice
Hello.

Your license won't be returned to you until after the suspension period is over (and you pay a fee and show proof of insurance), or the DMV determines after a hearing that your license shouldn't be suspended. If you want to contest the suspension, you have 10 days to file a request for a hearing. Otherwise, if you need identification, you will have to request an identification card, because your license won't be given back to you until the suspension is lifted one way or another. This page will provide you with some information about the suspension, getting your license back, and the hearing you can request:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/driversafety/dsalcohol.htm

Is there some additional information I can provide?
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney