How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57694
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

ok im a contractor who pulls permits at building departments

Customer Question

ok im a contractor who pulls permits at building departments too the tune of at least very minumum 100 permits a year,got taken before a board of commisioners from a building department becouse almost 5 years ago i missed a permit,reason why even brought forth was becouse customer had damage too home supposedly becouse my work,i asked consumer for proof of said damage and my responsiblity and they did not provide so i did not pay them anything,building department took me before board and asked too pull my license too work,presenting the damage too home as negligent contractor,i once again stated if i did damage there got too be proof but building department presented it as fact made me pay customer and pulled license from me too work for 6 months and even then would not get back till paid customer,i hired a lawyer who charged me 20.000 which i paid plus customers money and building departments money,my lawyer was suppose too defend me on grounds that building department and board was not qualified too raise judgement against me based on something should have been between customer and business in a regular court room where evidence has too be presented,instead she went after fees i paid too building department but i would not pay 20.000 too sue for 8.000 judge said fees were appropriate but i feel case was not properly presented and that my lawyer truthfully was lost or incompetent,it was horrible i felt like i had a mentally handicapped person talking for me my lawyer made no sense at all,but she made sure too break me so couldnt afford another lawyer,can i file a appeal based on misrepresentation or even incompetence from my lawyer
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. You can pursue re argument or appeal. If lawyer made errors in representation, consider a malpractice lawsuit against the lawyer. You may want a new lawyer to pursue all of the above. would you like a directory for doing so?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i wish i could pursue another lawyer but looks like im going too be the fool representing himself,that 20.000 i paid previous lawyer was everything i had saved up over years for my daughters college next year,but thank you for your knowledge and insight

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
But having a lawyer work on commission wont cost you. You can find a local one through A bar complaint is yet another option.