LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 25 years.
58185682

I am taking a client, who is refusing to pay my invoice, to

I am taking a client, who is refusing to pay my invoice, to small claims court. It is a husband and wife. Do I need to serve each individually, or can I serve both notices to one of them, assuming they will deliver to the other? I'm in King County, Washington state.

LegalEagle1 :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

You should serve both of them. If you serve one and they both show up in court or file an answer then service will not be an issue.

It will become an issue when you go to collect and you levy an asset or garnish wages and the person claims they were never served.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

______________________________________________________________

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate infomation as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legaleagle1 also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have never been in small claims court. Do I submit any evidence, e-mails, or invoices ahead of time?

Small claims court is rather informal. You bring those items with you to court and testify about them at the time you present them.

What jurisdiction are you located? City, County and State.

I'll check to see if there is a guide or forms available for your court.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Lake Forest Park, King county, Washington

Your court has the most detailed guide for a small claims court I have ever seen.

http://www.kcba.org/pbs/pdf/smallclaims.pdf

Please let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you