How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 793
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 25 years.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good morning, sir. I was wondering if youre located within

Customer Question

Good morning, sir. I was wondering if you're located within the five boroughs of New York City?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 4 years ago.
The experts here at JustAnswer are located all over the world. With what is it that you need assistance?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried to sue someone in small claims court for the return of my property. The clerk in Civil court told me that unless I was suing for money that I couldn't sue there and that only in Supreme court is where a judge can demand the return of my property. I'm having a hard time finding someone to take the case.
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 4 years ago.
That is correct you would file a writ of replevin in the Supreme Court that has jurisdiction where the property is located.

The experts at JustAnswer do not represent the people who ask questions on this website.

Have you tried to obtain a referral to a lawyer from the New York City Bar Association?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Greetings, sir. Yes I have tried the bar association. The lawyer there wanted an outrageous amount retainer. My property (computer equipment) isn't even worth close to the amount the lawyer is asking for. I ordered copies of a replevin, but I think a lawyer has to fill it out and file it. I thought I could e-file it myself.
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 4 years ago.
You can file the replevin yourself, but you want to make sure you doing so correctly. For that you may want to have a lawyer prepare or review your filing. All I can suggest is you look for an attorney who does collection work to help you.
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 4 years ago.
I enjoyed answering your question a few days ago. I just wanted to contact you to see if you needed any further assistance.

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work.