How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118237
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my huband show up to work at 5.30 am. the brother who been

Customer Question

my huband show up to work at 5.30 am. the brother who been harassment foor year state that 3 associte told him that he drank he not. my hsband woke up at 4.30am took a bed like all way and when to work. question what should he do .
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
If they believe he drank, then they have a right as employer to test him for alcohol. If they have not tested your husband and they continue harassing him, then your husband would have to first file a complaint through the upper managers in the company and then if they cannot resolve the issue he would have to file suit against this person making these false allegations against him for defamation, since the person is making known false allegations which are causing your husband harm.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As follow the first question I submited the brother is going on face book
and putting my husband business tell everybody that he a drunkon the job and that he quick which he didn't. and his brother and other brother
saying bad thing and alot of family member are commend what he talk
and calling him asshoe and deuce bag. alot of bad name calling.the first question i place sorry my spelling word was pretty. boss dont want to help. he a buddy and he got away everything.please advice me what to do job no money and house payment and a family to take care of.


Already Tried:
i call the boss, humanresoure, the manager,and give information from your service.what should i do 6 year of hararesment.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
He would have to seek to sue the parties making these false complaints and seek damages from court for the recent conduct. I am afraid he only has 1 year from the date the comments are made to sue for defamation. Unfortunately, it is not illegal for them to call him names though, it is just something you can sue them for only if they are making these false bad comments against him and he is suffering a loss because of those statements.