How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am medically retired/disabled with chronic fatigue syndrome. abq

This answer was rated:

I am medically retired/disabled with chronic fatigue syndrome.
abq animal control said I'd have to appear in court sometime in another month for my dogs straying off my property, licenses expired for 2 months.
I sleep weeks at a time, and when I opened my mail, I found a past court date, and a bench warrant for my arrest for not appearing in court.
How do I find a lawyer to help me clear this up?
Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

You have a valid excuse for your failure to appear. But likewise you do need an attonrey. And it is a criminal attorney who can help you. So please go to the site where you can find attorneys by specialty and location. And when you call, make sure they offer a free consultation. Note, a civil attorney cannot help you and if the attorney handles DUI's, go somewhere else.
dylatess and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you