How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33017
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recieved my final divorce papers in November 2011. we had

This answer was rated:

I recieved my final divorce papers in November 2011. we had a house that we were selling as a short sale, we owed too much. we both had moved out and the house went up in flames by kids in the neighborhood...the house has now been rebuilt from foundation up. all i want to do is sell this house and deal with the losses, but now he wants to move back in because the mortgage co has told him that thats the only way he can sell it....meanwhile i've been signing all these insurance checks for the builders to finish landscaping, etc. My ex was awarded half my pension in the divorce, i got NOTHING, cause he never held a job more than 2 years in all of our 24 years of marriage. My divorce cost me 20,000 dollars and im tapped. My ex says he would sign over the half of my pension back to me if i agreed to sign a loan modification loan because my name is XXXXX XXXXX the house..I want out of this nightmare and i dont know what to do or who to go to...i just dont understand what makes him think that he can afford this house on his pay . i want my name off everything and i dont want him to get this brand new house when i got so screwed in this divorce and the divorce states that the house is to be sold, but he"s given me a hard time and definitely dont want to deal with the lawyer i had. what kind of lawyer do i need?
Thank you for using Just Answer. If you require clarification, please feel free to post a follow up question.

You will need to modify your property settlement. It is a good idea to have professional representation to do that. For that you would want a family law attorney.

If you need help locating an attorney you can contact the NY State Bar for a referral or you can try
Loren and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank least i know who to go to.


Good luck. I hope it turns out ok for you.