How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 795
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 25 years.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I requested my bankers to transfer money to an account but

Customer Question

I requested my bankers to transfer money to an account but later found the translation was fraudulent so I instructed my bank to cancel the transaction. My bank claims the transfer had gone through and could not cancel it. According to my investigation through interpol, the account in which the funds was paid not the same account holder I authorized the transfer. Can I sue my bank or the other bank that negligently paid the money to the wrong account?
Thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 5 years ago.

LegalEagle1 :

Yes, if you can demonstrate that your failed to either follow the terms of your customer agreement (for your banks) or the banking laws and regulations when handling the transaction you would be able to pursue a cause of action against the bank.

If you have found the information that I have provided to be helpful, please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the way I receive credit for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information please ask.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.
My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.
Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Also answers regarding the law may take some time to put together. There many be a delay between our responses with each other.
You can always request me through my profile at or by beginning your question with “For LegalEagle1”
JACUSTOMER-bm51tocc- : What have I tried in Ghana? Since it was an international transaction I contacted Interpol Ghana to ascertain if the account in which the money was transferred was same as instructed and the feedback was negative. The account was not the same as I authorized.
JACUSTOMER-bm51tocc- : Which of the two banks can I bring action against?
LegalEagle1 :

You should consult with an attorney, but you could file an action against both banks. One or both are responsible. The court in deciding the case can apportion the responsibility between them.


Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit for my work.