Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is it wort suing a hotel after being bitten by bedbugs and

have over 300 bites, medical...
Is it wort suing a hotel after being bitten by bedbugs and have over 300 bites, medical bills and loss of work the hotel refused to help and even rented out the room denying my claim
9/1/2012
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I can't say whether it's worth it, as only you can decide. Suing will likely be expensive and time consuming. This wouldn't be a simple small claims type of lawsuit, as it would require extensive evidence, so you'd likely need to hire an attorney and pay him out of pocket. On the other hand, it sounds like you may have substantial damages because of the medical bills and lost income (not to mention possible pain & suffering damages). If so, then suing may well be worth it both monetarily, but also because of principle because the hotel has caused you substantial damages is has done nothing.

As for finding a lawyer, I think that you need to make an appointment (not just make a call and wait for a call back). Make the appointment with a personal injury attorney and bring medical reports and reports showing lost wages.

Does that answer your question? Let me know if you need clarification, and please remember to rate me positively so that I receive credit for my efforts.

Thank you and good luck!
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney