Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I live in Dothan, Alabama. I have a friend who is telling

I live in Dothan, Alabama. I have a friend who is telling people that I am stalking her because she decided that I cramped her style with another group of friends. I am single and don't have many friends, therefore, I eat out a lot by myself; hoping to meet an available bachelor. I'm a little overweight but not unattractive. I am very shy so it makes it that much harder to meet people. I hold down a good living and am an honest person. On a nuimber of occassions, I have ran into people that I know while dining out. One asked me if I was following her (she was actually behind me in line) and another made a comment that she had seen me twice during the week. Is there any legal action that I can take to protect myself against the harrasment that she has caused in life? I think she even has taken it so far that my pastor believes it. I have been seeking a new church and new friends. I need to know what I can do to get my life back and expose the lie that she has everybody belieiing ? I've even considered moving to another state just so that I can go to the store and not wonder if I'm going to get arrested because I run into someone that I know.
What do you think you are being investigated for and who do you think is investigating you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,I don't know that I am. I am not familiar with our laws and am a bit paranoid because of the situation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't know that I am. I am not familiar with our laws and am a bit paranoid because of the situation.
There aren't any laws being broken based on what you have put here.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can really do about what she is doing either. You could ask a court to issue an injunction against her, but I don't think a judge is likely to do it without more specific acts on her part.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. When looking at the answer I ask you to bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a NEGATIVE rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

One night at church, I had just talked with the pastor and this same friend had just walked by. She acted suspicious and got on the phone like she was talking about me and I watched her walk over to another area of the church. Curiosity got the best of me. When I turned around, my pastor looked at me, backed up and looked at the camera overhead and looked back at me. I was curious but definitely not stalking her. I was totally crushed. My pastor out of all people, I couldnt believe he had just done that. I guess if she had already talked to him, then it probably looked all the more like I was. They are treating me like a criminal. Is there anything I can do to stop this. Was there anything wrong with curiosly watching her like that? Obviously, I value my job and my life. I've tried to stay away from these people as much as possible.

No, there's nothing wrong with what you did but there is also nothing you can do to stop them from talking about you if they are.