TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I WAS ARRESTED AND THE CHARGES WERE AGGREVATED STALKING BUT

I WAS ARRESTED AND THE CHARGES WERE AGGREVATED STALKING BUT WHE I WENT TO SEE THE JUDGE THE DA DROPPED THE CHARGES TO MISDEAMENOR TPO VIOLATION HOWEVER A WEBSITE MUGSHOTS.COM DISPLAYED MY PICTURE AND ORIGINAL CHARGES ON THERE WEBSITE FOR PUBLIC VIEWING AND WANT $300 TO HAVE IT REMOVED..IS THIS LEGAL OR IS THIS BLACKMAIL I HAVE LOST A POTENTIAL JOB AND MY NEW GIRL FRND BROKE UP WITH ME MY LIFE IS A LIVING HELL BECAUSE OF THIS WHAT CAN I DO ASIDE FROM PAYING THEM $300?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, this type of website is legal. Since you were originally charged with aggravated stalking and were arrested for the same, the website has the right to publish the information, even though your charge was later reduced. This is essentially "legal extortion" which to me seems completely unjust, but in your situation, the law allows it. I'm afraid that until the law changes, there is not much you can do but pay them off to take it down.

Sorry I can't give you better news, don't shoot the messenger.

-ZDN