How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the State of Tennessee. Will I need to have a "collectors

This answer was rated:

In the State of Tennessee. Will I need to have a "collectors lisence" to enforce judgements as I purchase them from the original holder?


Thank you for your question.

Are you planning on setting up a business which purchases judgments or is this a one-off arrangment?

What kind of judgments are you looking at collecting?

This information will help me answer your question. I look forward to hearing back from you.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am looking to start a Judgment Recovery Business in Tennessee.

Thanks for your response.

Yes, you must obtain a collection service license.

See Tenn. Code Ann. § 62-20-102 (definition of collection services). This is in the Tennessee Collection Services Act.

Please rate my answer positively so I might be paid for my services. Please let me know if you need more information or would like to discuss this issue further.


TexLaw and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you