How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a complaint on hands on entertaiment which i have tried

This answer was rated:

i have a complaint on hands on entertaiment which i have tried to call them email them will not respond they blocked me from playing on their site and wont tell me why i have been blocked for more than 4 months i did nothing wrong and i used my credit card to purchase chips on there and refuse to answere me what can i do ty. jack jarvis
What is the domain name of the website?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.


When I enter this address, the website that pulls up is a DJ service in the UK. The other site is a legal medical review company website.

Are either of these the one you are having trouble with?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

hands on entertainmentXXXXXsuite 500,san francisco ca.94108 phone XXX-XXX-XXXX

Thank you. That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

Depending on the amount in controversy, you may be able to sue them in North Carolina court. It sounds like you have a breach of contract case and their refusal to contact you back is not good.

The first step you need to take is to see if you can dispute the charge on your credit card. Often your credit card company will initiate a "charge back" when a merchant is simply not providing the service that has been paid for through the credit card and is not responding to customer inquiries.

If the credit card company won't help you, the next step is to send a certified letter demanding a refund and threatening litigation:

Dear Hands-On Entertainment;

I'm writing regarding ________ (your agreement with them - date entered and amount you paid)

You have breached your obligations to me under this agreement by (state what they promised to do and how they haven't done it).

I demand that you either perform the services that you agreed to perform or return my money. If I do not hear from you within ten (10) days of your receipt of this demand, I will initiate court proceedings against you in North Carolina for breach of contract and fraud.

I demand that you contact me immediatly to discuss this matter.

- (Your name).

After you've sent that and they don't reply, then you need to think about filing the lawsuit. The lawsuit will be filed in state court, but might be moved to federal court since the company is from California. You want to keep it in state court because it will be cheaper. While its possible to handle a lawsuit like this on your own, you may want to at that point contact a local attorney to handle the actual filings and litigation for you.

Please let me know if you need further information.


TexLaw and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you