How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I make a public statement to someone I intend to sue for

This answer was rated:

Can I make a public statement to someone I intend to sue for slander and defamation of character prior to the start of a lawsuit, there are 3 people involved and 1 owner of a company whose represenative started the lie? I want this small town to know that they have tried to do this to one person too many, they are just gossipers...but I want to sue them and attach everything they own or will own, includinjg foreign businesses they are involved in and their accts. receivable, bank accts., etc. I am really upset over this alegation of being an embezzler over a payroll overpayment which has been given back to the the company.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Exactly what would your public statement communicate?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would like to go into a local business where they frequent and publicly and loudly advise them that they have slandered me in this community and that I intend to sue all 3 of them, attach their properties,bank accts., us and foreign and all businesses and property they own here and abroad and THAT THEY HAVE GOSSIPPED ABOUT THE WRONG PERSON THIS TIME. I want them to know upfront that they are going to court over their mouths. I have not obtained an attorney service as of yet because I have only been back from a trip for two days, but I want them to sit and ponder over what they have done to me and have done to others in the past until I can get an attorney and have them served. Hopefully if I start the action soon I can keep 2 of them from fleeing to Thailand where they have businesses and use that as a way to keep from paying taxes in the US...yes, you are probably thinking what I'm thinking...we all pay taxes and this just doesn't sit right with me that people spend more time trying to keep from paying their share and hording it in another country.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX can make this statement as an exercise of your first amendment rights. Bear in mind however that your statements are legal conclusions and if you are unable to obtain a judgment in your favor, they could sue you for defamation of character because you allege they committed certain actions but were unable to prove the same.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can prove they said it through friends who have contacted Me, my husband and daughter when I was out of town. The statement was made by 1 of them at a camping outing at our towns dam site..people started calling my daughter and telling her about this, and then my husband was visited by friends and asking why are they doing this to Sharon. Thank you for your assistance, I have e-mailed a firm who practices personal injury to see if I can obtain their services but I want them to know they aren't going to get away with the meantime, I will obtain the names of the people who will testify on my behalf that personally know these people slandered me. Thanks again, Sharon
Thank you Sharon, please remember to rate my answers positively; and best of luck with your case.
MShore and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you