How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend of my family lives in senior housing in Newark, NJ.

This answer was rated:

A friend of my family lives in senior housing in Newark, NJ. He is in the hospital for rehab after kidney failure and will not be home for several weeks or months. His complex contacted me (I am his contact person on his lease) that his apartment was broken into.
I met management and we contacted Newark police. When they arrived, they indicated I could not make the report or enter the apartment as I do not have a power of attorney.
Management put a temporary lock on the door. They advised that a double bolt should be installed and a report made.

Is there a special form to be used. Must it be witnessed by an attorney or notary.
He will sign the form to either me or his daughter, it matters not. Please advise as I don't want him to come home and nothing remain in his apartment. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to pay for any form needed. (This is NJ.) He is in hospital in Wayne, NJ. Thanks,
Marguerite Aisenstock, Summit, NJ
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Thank you fr the post, here is a link to a power of attorney form that you can fill in and print:

Here is another sample for your reference: l2EKQWwsU-5_xk6H03wWym70zvyfT0-sgtvcpHGWLTJTrLpDr6x6dGaADDX0GFC4MTH4tHmIuTZ3En_57hsFE2RG2Nu9_bVx5ytMNUaHcPePhmO9UNOtz6Lmn4-JMBH_4Ty&sig=AHIEtbR6EqSqUvJhSnjNzkfc8oVL1dmpCw

Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
MShore and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you