Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If someone ischarged with 1 count of 2C:14-2b*2, does it mean

If someone ischarged with 1 count of 2C:14-2b*2, does it mean that the victime was under 13?
Hello, my name is Ely. I am here to help you. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a reply. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear.

The Defendant is the party accused.
The victim is the complaining witness, i.e, against whom the crime was allegedly committed.

If a Defendant is charged with 2C:14-2b*2, then this a criminal charge of Sexual Assault. Specifically, that the state is alleging that the person on whom the sexual assault was committed on was 13 years of age or younger. This is a crime of the second degree, which means that if convicted, the Defendant would be facing five to ten years imprisonment.

In 2C:14-2b*2, the 2C:14-2b reflects the statutory code that discusses the crime, and *2 is simply administrative script - it does not mean anything.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY TO EXPERT to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If this is the citation that is listed is there any way that the actual case can be found by a lay person? I know the defendant was imprisoned and is now released.
Pat,

YES - do you know what county of New Jersey the Defendant was charged in, or not?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He was charged in Passaic County, I believe.
Thank you.

You can search all court records for free and see the first page for free here:

http://records.passaiccountynj.org/press/indexPassaic.aspx

Other pages are available electronically for a minimal fee.

Also, to avoid costs, you may travel to the Passaic County Clerk’s office and simply request the records pulled for free:
XXXXX
Room 113
Paterson, NJ 07505 (NNN) NNN-NNNN