LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

i am 75 years of age , iwas attacked by a fifty year old ,

Customer Question

i am 75 years of age , iwas attacked by a fifty year old , he is the manager of the apartment complex that i live in he is about 6-5 and i am 5-5 tall. i think i need an attorney . i feel intimated my phone # XXXXX XXXXX my name is XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 years ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Peter, good morning. I am sorry to hear what happened. We are unable to speak over the phone but I can certainly answer any questions which you may have on the website, so please let me know what they are. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do, i have a right to sue this apartment complext and the manager ? i am a seinor and have no money. i need imformation on how to go about this .is there any place i can get help.

I certainly understand your situation. There are two issues here. The first is that if you were attacked by this man, he committed a criminal offense, could be arrested and charged. As such, you may want to consider calling the police and filing a report and have them investigate the matter. Any evidence you have ( i.e. photos or witnesses) along with your own statement, should be presented to the police to allow them to look into the matter and see if he can be charged. If charged and you suffered damages and out of pocket expenses, the State will try and get him to pay restitution, so you are not out of pocket. Moreover, if you feel threatened or intimidated, you can always go to the clerk of courts in the county where you reside and file a restraining order/ protective order against this man, so he will not be allowed to have contact with you. The second issue would be the civil side of this, where the complex and the man could be sued, since this happened and he was an employee of the complex. This needs to be reported, if not already, to the complex and his supervisor, so it can be looked into. Moreover, if you suffered damages as a result of his attack, he and the company may be liable to you to pay them. If you have no money to retain private counsel, you may want to consider contacting legal aid, to help. Here is the link to their website that contains their contact information, so you can call them and see if you can speak with someone about helping you, in your area. http://lawhelpca.org/

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or
need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with
3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my
help. I hope you found it to be
Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100%
satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the
left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE
CONVERSATION "button. I want
to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and
that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Hi Peter. I saw you rated my service as poor and just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed any clarification. This negative feedback does effect me, so I am trying to figure out what else I can do to help you. Please let me know.