How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

have been with this yong lady for 18 years she innable for

Customer Question

have been with this yong lady for 18 years she innable for keep job by tell i dont have to work she can pay the bills and now she kick me out and i live on the streets
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is Andrea, I am a Licnesed Attorney and I would be glad to help

Q. Please tell me what question I can Answer for you this evening

Thank you,


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there some kind of that i could take her to court,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
like what information you need
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Let me make sure I understand your situation

1. You lived with this young lady for 18 years, and you took care of her

2. You and she were never married

3. You paid for the repairs to her truck which cost you $6,000

4. She got a Court Order for Protection against you

5. She threw you out of the house

1. The question you are asking me is if you can sue her in court to get back your $6,000 for her truck repairs, right ?

2. Does she owe you any other money ? What else do you want to sue her for ?

3. Do you and the young lady have any children together ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we paid for a trailer four years together we have kid together what can i do
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
6000 dollars bill and fix her truck
Yes we have 15 year old gril

we own a trailer together
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
I am so sorry that she is treating you this way after 18 years of living together. If she does not want to get back together again, you cannot force her to do so.

You can sue her for money that you gave to fix her truck and she will have to pay it back to you.

You will have to come to some Agreement with her regarding the trailer that you bought together. Either you can keep the trailer, and pay her for one half of its present value. Or you can agree that she keeps the trailer and she pays oy one-half of its present value. If neither you nor the lady have the money to buy out each other's interest in the trailer, then you might have to sell it and divide the money you receive between the two of you.

You must also come to an agreement as to your daughter and with whom she will
live. She is still under the age of 18 and tcannot make this decision for herself.
You and her mother can divide the time equally that she spends with you
and that would be "Shared Equal Custody". Or you and the mother can agree that your daughter live with you from Monday to Friday and she spends weekends with her mother. All of this can be decided by you. If you cannot agree with the mother, then you will have to go to Court and have a Judge decide. But it woulod be so much better for your daughter if she did not have to see her mother and father fighting,

I wish I could have given you a happy ending and if it was up to me I would, but it is not up to me and I can only give you information on what rights you have under the law

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you as "Excellent",

If you rate me at anything less than 3 stars, it will appear as a negative rating against my name,

If you need clarification, please let me know by pressing the "Reply" button,

Thank you for allowing me to be of service,