How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a victim of spouse domestic violence. When the violence

This answer was rated:

I am a victim of spouse domestic violence. When the violence occurred he spent the night in jail and he has recently obtained a lawyer for 1200.00 .the court is this week. My question is do I need a lawyer for the go before the judge at the city hall ?
Thank you for your question.

I am very sorry to hear that you were in this situation, and I truly wish you the best. To answer your question, you DO NOT need an attorney since you are not the one being tried, charged, or pursued, you are a witness at the most. As such you do not require representation. If you were charged with something, then my answer would change but if you were simply a victim, you do not need your own attorney.

Good luck.

Kindly remember to only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate my service as either "Bad" or "Poor”, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I was able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Please be aware that if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you!

Dimitry K., Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you