How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27986
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a ticket for "Driving on the Shoulder" from 2004 that

This answer was rated:

I have a ticket for "Driving on the Shoulder" from 2004 that is unpaid. I can't do anything at the DMV currently until this is resolved. The court wants me to come to Scarsdale tomorrow to enter a plea. How should I plead? What can I do to minimize the cost of this issue?

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

If the court is going to allow you to contest this ticket, 8 years later, you should consult with an attorney, about how to proceed. The reason being, is that the officer may not still be with the force and/or may not recollect the incident. If this happens and the case goes to trial, there is a chance it could be dismissed and you would owed nothing, nor would this appear on your record. If you did not want to retain an attorney to look into this, you could also handle it yourself. If you just wanted to resolve the case and take a plea, you could ask for one when you appear before the court tomorrow. If you enter a plea of not guilty, the matter would likely be set for trial. If you wanted to plea no contest / guilty, you could ask the court for an offer to do so and provide them with mitigating factors for them to consider, so that the minimum fine/costs are imposed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or
need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Please remember to only
rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click
either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the
" REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION " button. I want to make sure your experience
with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with
the help I provided. If you have nothing
further, please rate my answer with 3, 4 or 5 faces/stars, so I can get credit
for my help - I hope you found it to be Excellent! Please let me know if you
are having any problems rating my answer on the site.

LegalKnowledge and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you