How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27184
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 ppl were given a cite for same vehc.

This answer was rated:

My friend was driving me to the airport in my car when we were pulled over by LAXPD. My car at the time had out of state license and was not properly placed. They gave him a ticket for driving the car in that condition and they gave me a ticket compelling me to fix the problem. My citation went to court and I had it all corrected, settled and paid. Now my friend has a warrant out for him cause he never sorted out his ticket, I thought that if I settled mine it would settle his. My question is, what can I do (if anything) to alleviate what he is being charged for? If I get my case number XXXXX shows that I corrected the problem, would that reduce the charges for my friend? If so, how do I go about getting that information.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

I certainly understand your concern. If a warrant was issued as a result of a defendant failing to appear, the defendant needs to retain an attorney or file himself, a motion to lift the capias and reset the court date. Once the court date is reset by the court, the defendant would need to appear and show evidence, that the violation was fixed. All proof that you have that you fixed the issue with the places, would need to be presented by him, to the court. If it has been corrected, this State would likely consider either dropping the charge(s) or imposing a fine and court costs.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or
need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Please remember to only
rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click
either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the
" REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION " button. I want to make sure your experience
with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with
the help I provided. If you have nothing
further, please rate my answer with 3, 4 or 5 faces/stars, so I can get credit
for my help - I hope you found it to be Excellent! Please let me know if you
are having any problems rating my answer on the site.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX most of it. Just one more question, how do I track down my case information if I do not have the case number XXXXX any of the paper work from it?

I would be happy to answer that. You would need to go to the clerk of courts, in the county where this was resolved. You would need to ask them to pull the court file for you and make you a certified copy of the disposition of the case, plus any other things out of the file, which you may want. They will charge you a nominal fees for this. Moreover, you can try going online to the clerks website and search your name under there, to see if the case information will appear. This will atleast allow you to obtain the case number, to give to the clerk. Please let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please rate my help with 3, ,4 or 5 faces/stars, so i can get credit. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you