How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Juliana Your Own Question
Juliana, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1651
Experience:  23 years of experience; former prosecutor, magistrate, child support attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Juliana is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a permit to carry a concealed weapon? And can

This answer was rated:

How can I get a permit to carry a concealed weapon? And can you recommend an attorney in the event I have a court trial for discharging a firearm?

Thanks for requesting me.

Here is a link to the application that you need to fill out to apply for a CCW permit:

You would submit your completed application to the municipal police department if you live in a city, or to the county sheriff's department if you live in a rural area. You need to articulate a situation or circumstances whereby the department can determine whether you have a need, not a desire, to carry a concealed firearm. Here is an Attorney General opinion that defines good cause:

You would also need to complete a course in firearm safety and th elaw regarding the permissible use of a firearm. Some departments may require the applicant to demonstrate proficiency at their firing range, and to submit all weapons to be carried for a safety inspection. You also need to submit to a Live Scan for a DOJ records check, and some departments may require a psychological evaluation. You will also have to pay a fee of approximately $500 to obtain a permit.

Under Just Answer policy, we are not allowed to recommend attorneys for customers who use this site. I would suggest you contact the local bar association in your county to obtain a referral to an attorney in your area.

Hope this helps.

Juliana and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you