How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7348
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have an investment in a business where i put in 23,000.00

Customer Question

i have an investment in a business where i put in 23,000.00 for 3% of the sales for two years of this business. The owner now owes me 9,000.00 dollars in investment payments and is always giving me the run around to get payment.( I do have a contract.) Plus i told him in the begining that i had to work there so i could save the investment money 3 months in an employee went of on me and we had a verbale argument and the owner and friend told me that if i didnt leave the would ruin the business and I would be out everything so now im out and dont know what to do. what should I do? how do I get my money?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 years ago.

You have a typical case (and there are millions of them) where one person owes another money, but either can't or won't pay what they owe. You might try to negotiate a buy-out of your deal for an immediate payment. Failing that, your only alternative is to take the contract to a business lawyer and pursue collection through legal proceedings.

I have answered your question. Please click on a 3,4,or 5 rating so that I will be compensated. If you are not satisfied with this answer, please send me a Reply with what you feel is wrong with the answer and what additional information you are seeking.
Clicking on number 1 or 2 is not necessary in order for me to explain my Answer. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully an approval rating for the original question before you branch off into other new questions.
Also, this answer does not create an attorney client relationship and you are urged to consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this answer according to your state's laws and local customs and practice.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 years ago.

You have indicated dissatisfaction - "poor service" with my Answer. You have not replied with a request for any additional information, so as far as I can see, your exact questions were correctly answered. Please Reply why you are dissatisfied and I will try to assist you with your problem.