JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

If I am selling my house to my daughter on a 20 year contract

If I am selling my house to my daughter on a 20 year contract for deed, when do I sign the quit claim deed
Welcome and thank you for your question!

It is signed and recorded AFTER the contract has been paid in full. One does not transfer title after after all the money has been paid.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

What are your options now?

If you wish to continue this conversation, click on the Continue Conversation link.
If you are satisfied that I have answered your question, then please rate the answer with a four or a five so that I receive credit for assisting you. Positive ratings are the only way I receive credit for assisting you today.

IF you feel the need to click either
"Helped a little" or "I expected more," then do not rate me (not yet, anyway!). Instead, reply to me using the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button. Specify what additional information you need and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thanks,
~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is what I thought. Your second half of sentence is "after after" I think you mean "until after" yes?
Yes, you are correct. Sorry about that! Thanks for seeking clarification.

What are your options now?

IF you feel the need to click either

Thanks,
~~ J.B.