Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

when somebody file a police case against you, will you be notified.

when somebody file a police case against you, will you be notified. what is the process
Thank you for using Just Answer. If you require clarification, please feel free to post a follow up question.

You would be issued a citation or summons to appear in court to answer the charges. The police or prosecutors could also determine that there is not enough grounds to take the matter to trial and then nothing would happen.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
right now, i haven't receive any notice or phone calls that something has been filed or reported. But the person envolved said that he did filed a report? i am not sure if it i true or he is only making it up to scare me.If i haven't received any notice up to now, it has been months since then,
does that mean that no report has been filed? or what ever he has reported is not enough to warrant a notice? what do u think
I think the other person is trying to scare you. You would hear from the police if they were investigating any complaint against you.