How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HOW do you get review of child support Offset of Social securtiy

Customer Question

HOW do you get review of child support Offset of Social securtiy benefits when the State will not follow the law and takes money they are not entitled to take
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question to JA/Pearl. Legal questions often take time for research or I may be offline so please be patient, I will reply.

Has there been a hearing in the Michigan court and if so what happened?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The last itme the law clerk saiad the court would not rule on it previously they heave ignored me and also gave the plantiffs address that didn't work and wouldnot hear it because not properly served. I am currently drafting another to file
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for that information. Now as to the Social Security, are the children receiving benefits due to your disability and are those benefits going to the other parent?

Were they receiving disability at the time the current child support amount was set?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I am on SSA. paid all of the child suport that was owed to the mother the child is 30 years old. they are trying to get $44k from me for TANF and they can only get legally $5602 for Tanf and I have paid more than that to date. I need to get in Fed couort somehow because they will continue overcharging me.
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
I will opt out and allow other experts the opportunity to respond. Perhaps someone has specific experience in such a case
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So what info do you waqnt from me???????
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You opted out no one is stepping up refund my money please